Keeping up with your vehicle's preventative maintenance schedule is definitely the best way to avoid long-term and expensive issues with your vehicle. You have to read the owner's manual of your vehicle in order to be certain that you are doing all that needs to be done. For every vehicle make and model, there's a maintenance schedule, written in the owner's manual. There are differences between each make and model and sometimes the common belief that you should change your oil every 3,000 miles might not apply to your vehicle.
The company that built your vehicle knows it the best. That's why the maintenance schedule is provided by the people, who are part of that same company. Your vehicle's manufacturer provides you with different suggestions on how often you should change your timing belts, filters, oil, driving belts and more.
There are certain preventative maintenance services that can be performed by the owner of the vehicle, like topping off fluids. However, for more complicated procedures, you are advised to get in touch with the auto repair experts at Shell Rapid Lube. Our team of certified technicians can keep your vehicle in great shape by performing the following maintenance services:
- Inspecting and replacing timing belts (preventing damage to other accessories)
- Inspecting and replacing serpentine belts (preventing damage to other accessories)
- Checking and changing oil
- Checking, repairing and replacing battery connection components
- Checking and replacing batteries
- Checking and replacing cabin air filters: This service will keep your vehicle comfortable during the hot summer months.
- Checking and replacing your engine air filter, If you have a long commute or drive in stop-and-go traffic, you might need to replace your engine air filter more regularly.
- Checking and replacing spark plugs
- Tire rotation: You can avoid leaking and blowouts, if you make sure that your tires have even wear. Additionally, your ride will be smoother.
You can save money in the long run and reduce problems significantly, if you follow your vehicle’s owner’s manual and having your vehicle maintained and inspected on regular basis. Allow the expert team at Shell Rapid Lube/NAPA Auto Car Center in Magnolia, TX help your vehicle stay in top condition.